About Townley Joinery
Townley Joinery is a small Derbyshire based, family run joinery business. We are dedicated to bringing you an honest, personalised service.
All our products are handmade and made to measure.
We pride ourselves on using only the finest quality products and the finest traditional workmanship.
Why choose Townley Joinery timber products?
- Timber products provide one of the best insulation values of any material in constructing doors and windows.
- They add value to your home.
- They have a lower environmental impact than any other material.
- They can be repaired and recoated to continue looking beautiful throughout their life.
- Our service starts with an initial consultation with yourselves at your home. Measurements and photos will be taken at this point to enable us to evaluate your requirements. At this point your input through pictures and ideas is of primary importance. We will also advise you on design ideas and building requirements.
- After the initial consultation we will then go away and plan your project and draw up a quotation based on your requirements.
- We will then send you the quotation and if you are happy with this, we will come and finalise your plans and discuss lead times for your project.
As the homeowner you are responsible for ensuring that all work carried out on your home complies with regulations and has the correct certification.
If your home is in a conservation area it will almost certainly need planning permission.
To get a certificate from your local council authority building control for a new window installation for example will cost £102.00. This includes one site visit on completion.
N.B. We do not self certificate with Fensa or Certass. The benefits of not self certificating for the homeowner is that an independent inspector from your local council gives a non biased quality assessment of the work carried out on your property. We the manufacturer and installer have to adhere to strict up to date building regulations to pass the inspection.
South Derbyshire Council Building Control
Address: Civic Offices, Civic Way, Swadlincote, DE11 0AH
Tel: 01283 595731